Top Durga Puja Pandals in Kolkata I visited in 2019

Top Durga Puja in Kolkata


2020 is bit different year, with new rules from the government. Here I have created a 2hrs video of 2019 Durga Puja in Kolkata. 

I started pandal hoping on Chaturthi, although I managed to get to see Sreebhumi on Tritiya on my way home.

On Chaturthi took a train to Ballygunge and I manage to cover some of South Kolkata’s Puja on Rash Behari Avenues which includes Singhi Park, Hindustan Club, Hindustan Park, Ballygunge Cultural, Tridhara, Samaj Sebi, Badartala Asar Sangha, 66 Pally, Chetla, 64 Pally. Then I moved towards Bhowanipore to see Bakulbagan, Abasar. 

On Panchami morning I took a bus, and got down at Arjunpur(VIP Road) to see Arjunpur Amra Sobai, then heading towards Dumdum Park seeing Dumdum Mall Pally, Dumdum Park Bharat Chakra, Dumdum Park Tarun Sangha and Tarun Dal, Prafulla Kanan and Masterda Surya Sen Smriti Sangha on Kestopur. In evening I covered the Salt Lake Puja pandals which include FD Block, AE Part 1, AJ Block, BJ Block , AK Block and others.

Then on Shosti, I took a local train to see the Port area and Behala areas Durga Puja, so I took a circular railway’s local train and got down at Khidirpur and covered Khidirpur Sharodiya, 25 Pally and other, and Behala region where I saw a some popular Puja Pandals like Behala Debdaru Fatak, Behala Friends, Behala Nutan Dal and Behala Nutan Sangha.

On my way to SB Park Durga Puja in Thakurpukur area, I also visited Barisha club and Barisha Sarbojonin. Then from SB Park I turned to Haridevpur to see some of the popular pujas in that region which includes Vivekanda Athletic, Ajeya Sanghati, 41 Pally. 

Then took a metro to North Kolkata to see Tala Prattay, Tala Barowari, Kumartuli Park, Kumartuli Sarbojonin.

On Saptami I headed back to the remaining popular Durga Puja’s in South Kolkata. Suruchi Sangha, Mudali Park, Shibmandir, Desapriya Park, Ekdalia Evergreen and then towards Dhakuria to see Babubagan and Selimpur Pally.

After seeing these Puja I went to Jodhpur Park to see Jodhpur Park Sarbojonin, Pally Mangal and 95 Pally.

From there, I took a cab to reach Santoshpur to see three Pujas near Santoshpur Lake. Santoshpur Trikon Park, Northern Avenue and Santoshpur Lake Pally. 

After doing lunch, I went towards Bhowanipore to see Northern Park, Chakraberia. Then heavy rain forced me back towards home however the rain intensity went down after an hour and I diverted myself towards Ultadanga, where I saw Ultadanga Sangrami, Telangana Bagan , Pallyshree, Gouribari, and North Tridhara before heading back.

On Ashtami, took train to reach Ahiritola, then headed towards Hatibagan covering some major puja pandals like Ahiritola Sarbojonin, Kashi Bose Lane, Nalin Sarkar Street, Hatibagan Sarbojonin, Dumdum Park Sarbojonin. Then on my way to home saw Netaji Lowland, Noapara Dada Bhai Sangha and Sinthi Bandhudal.

Then on Navami I caught a local train to reach Sealdah and went to College Square Santosh Mitra square, Chorebagan Sarbojonin, Chaltabagan Lohapatty.

After seeing these Puja I headed towards Kankurgachi to see Mitali and Swapner Bagan and then towards Beliaghata to see 33 Pally and Sandhani. 

Then moved to bypass and took a Bus from EM Bypass to reach Garia, from there I went to see Naktala’s Durga Puja and Patuli areas puja like Kendra Shanti Sangha,  Raipur Club, Patuli Upanagri Sporting.

From there, I took bus to reach Ruby crossing and then another Bus to reach Acropolis Mall, which is near to Rajdanga Nabodaya Sangha. Before heading to Ballygunge station I also visited two of the popular puja in that area which are Bosepukur Sitala Mandir, and Bosepukur Talbagan.

Before ending my 2019 pandal hopping I had to see some of the local pujas so I visited two of the popular pujas Bani Mandir and Manasbag before heading home.

Here is the video, you can find all the Pujas I visited in 2019. Though not of professional quality but I hope you will like it.



Comments